Thursday, July 08, 2004

Yet Another Reason To Move To London

NME Reports:

THE LIBERTINES' turbulent history is to be documented in a new exhibition by former NME photographer ROGER SARGENT. Over 150 unseen images of the band will go on display at London's Proud Gallery between July 24-25, with a launch night featuring a performance by the group taking place on July 23. The collection traces The Libertines' career from the release of their first single 'What A Waster', through to their impromptu gigs, guitarist Pete Doherty's release from prison last year as well as the band's dramatic reunion on the same night. Sargent said: "It would be difficult to follow this, in all the time I've been following bands I've never done anything like it. Working with The Libertines has restored my faith in the music industry. Every time they've performed for two years I've been there, through the highs and the lows, and every time I've felt like I've witnessed yet another historical moment." He added: "I've captured that feeling and now I want to share it with the people that are most important to the boys...their fans."